Definition of white truffle in English:
An underground fungus eaten in Europe as a delicacy. Also called tartufo.
- Tuber magnatum, family Tuberaceae, subdivision Ascomycotina (also called Piedmont truffle)
- We're talking about the white truffle, the fungus that grows mostly in Italy and only where it wants to - typically several inches below ground near the roots of oak and hazelnut trees.
- For the chu-toro, in a medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, white truffles, and black truffles and toss to combine.
- Amidst white truffles, porcini mushrooms, Gorgonzola cheese, chestnuts, and other treasures of the Piedmont region, Carlo Petrini grew up with a savory spoon in his mouth.
Definition of white truffle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.