Definition of whitefish in English:
noun (plural same or whitefishes)
A mainly freshwater fish of the salmon family, widely used as food.
- Coregonus and other genera, family Salmonidae: several species
- Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.
- Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.
- Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.
Definition of whitefish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.