Definition of whitefish in English:
noun (plural same or whitefishes)
A mainly freshwater fish of the salmon family, widely used as food.
- Coregonus and other genera, family Salmonidae: several species
- Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.
- Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.
- Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.
Definition of whitefish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan