(also white-fronted goose)
Definition of whitefront in English:
A migratory goose with mainly gray plumage and a white forehead, breeding in northern Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Anser, family Anatidae: two species
- Travelling in smaller groups than snow geese (often in singles and pairs), whitefronts are more likely to decoy than snows.
- The rationale behind having seasons for both ‘dark’ geese (whitefronts, Canadas) run concurrently is to reduce chances waterfowlers could mistake a whitefront for a Canada when the Canada season is open and whitefronts closed.
- Loose observation of whitefronts already in the Houston area indicates a high percentage of tan-breasted juveniles, which tend to be more gullible than adults
Definition of whitefront in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan