Definition of whitethroat in English:
A migratory Eurasian and North African warbler with a gray head and white throat.
- Genus Sylvia, family Sylviidae: three species, in particular the common S. communis
- Other reported species usually not seen during the British winter included willow warblers, garden warblers, reed warblers, and whitethroats.
- There are birds in the garden that are rarely seen in London, such as the common sandpiper, sedge warbler and lesser whitethroat, with smew and goosander on the lake in winter.
- We have planted over 800 native trees along the embankment, creating a wonderful habitat for warblers such as whitethroat, garden warbler and blackcap, as well as linnets, once a common bird that seems to be disappearing.
Definition of whitethroat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.