Definition of whorish in English:
Belonging to or characteristic of a prostitute.
- The silky relationship between art and fashion may seem charming but is often a tawdry, corrupting, even whorish affair.
- The play was overshadowed by the stunt casting of Madonna as Karen, the naïve temporary secretary trapped in a power struggle between two whorish movie producers, Bobby and Charlie.
- After all, there was the small matter of his affair with Jamie's whorish wife Ruth 30 years ago.
- Example sentences
- The old man gets her cheap trashy stuff off the streets, because he likes to see her dressed up whorishly.
- Since the city is so whorishly flagrant in its indecency, how else should it be treated?
- Field Recordings From The Sun is simultaneously a deformation and unabashed celebration of all that is purely grotesque and whorishly beautiful about Rock and Roll music.
Words that rhyme with whorishmoreish
Definition of whorish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan