1Having one’s eyes wide open in amazement.
- The girl rejected for her admittedly rather lackluster braiding skills opened her mouth in wide-eyed surprise.
- Kutcher is wide-eyed, mouth hanging open, for the entire film.
- Ericka looked back to me in wide-eyed surprise.
1.1Innocent: a wide-eyed country boy
More example sentences
- Eddie is an innocent, naïve and wide-eyed security guard inadvertently caught up in Gary and Frank's plans.
- I've been trying to come up with a term to describe that particular wide-eyed look of false innocence that co-workers flash at you when you approach their desks.
- A wide-eyed innocent, he longs to captain his own vessel and wed his true love, Mercedes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.