- 1A small gadget or mechanical device, especially one whose name is unknown or unspecified.More example sentences
- Gadgets and widgets and all that cool stuff that make life easier, or at least more fun, that's what I want to write about.
- As you get deeper into turkeys, you'll find an almost infinite number of widgets, gadgets and gimmicks for turkey hunters.
- Prior to stamping and polymer clay and all the other gadgets and widgets we have today, we had paints and canvas.
- 1.1 Computing An application, or a component of an interface, that enables a user to perform a function or access a service.More example sentences
- The days when developers would sit at a text editor manually arranging buttons, listboxes and other widgets by brain power alone are pretty much gone.
- For example, if the feature could be turned on an off via a checkbox widget, that information was included in the description along with whether the checkbox was selected or not selected by default.
- Behind your widget website there is a large database of widgets.
1930s: perhaps an alteration of gadget.
More definitions of widgetDefinition of widget in:
- The British & World English dictionary