- A dome-shaped hut or tent made by fastening mats, skins, or bark over a framework of poles, used by some North American Indian peoples.More example sentences
- A yurt - also known as a ger - is the Asian equivalent of a North American Indian wigwam.
- In contrast to white people's extravagant ways, Indian wigwams are of high quality, comfortable, and very cheap to build and maintain.
- I keep dreaming I'm camping with this gorgeous woman, sometimes in army tents, sometimes in mountain tents, sometimes in wigwams.
early 17th century: from Abnaki, 'their house', from an Algonquian base meaning 'dwell', shared with wickiup.
More definitions of wigwamDefinition of wigwam in:
- The British & World English dictionary