nounchiefly • literary
- An uncultivated wood or forest that has been allowed to grow naturally.More example sentences
- There was heroic, life-shortening labour in hacking the earliest fields out of the post-glacial wildwood and scrub, but nothing to envy save the sheer fortitude of those who accomplished it.
- Isn't it to do with being a man-at-arms, with strapping on armour and sallying forth into the wildwood on your horse, your lady's token on your arm, to right wrongs and do great deeds?
- These old trees are the result not of the wildwood (of the Ice Age 13 millennia before) but of wooded pasture.
More definitions of wildwoodDefinition of wildwood in:
- The British & World English dictionary