- A plant of temperate regions that typically has willowlike leaves and pink or pale purple flowers.
More example sentences
- Epilobium and related genera, family Onagraceae: many species, including the common hairy willow herb (E. hirsutum) and the common fireweed (E. angustifolium)
- Among the common wildflowers are one-flowered cinquefoil, woolly lousewort, alpine willowherb, three saxifrages, and an Indian paintbrush.
- But this warbler is usually associated with tangled vegetation near water or with reedbeds containing alders and an undergrowth including bramble, nettle and willowherb.
- Not long ago so many plants sprouted from a single packet of seed that willowherb itself might have been jealous.