- Variation in wind velocity occurring along a direction at right angles to the wind’s direction and tending to exert a turning force.More example sentences
- Near the ground, thunderstorms sometimes create quick changes in wind speed and direction, called wind shear, which has caused several crashes.
- Slow the airplane to reduce impact forces; also, you'll likely encounter wind shear and strong downdrafts.
- Winds blowing in different directions, or at different speeds create what meteorologists call wind shear.
More definitions of wind shearDefinition of wind shear in:
- The British & World English dictionary