- A small painless swelling just above the fetlock of a horse, caused by inflammation of the tendon sheath.More example sentences
- The Native breeds seem to cope better than the more finely bred types, where windgalls may appear.
- Although usually benign, windgalls should be regarded with suspicion in the presence of lameness.
- In general windgalls are more common in heavy horses with more upright conformation.
More definitions of windgallDefinition of windgall in:
- The British & World English dictionary