- A sheet in which a corpse is wrapped for burial; a shroud.More example sentences
- Their beds have become their cooling boards; their blankets have become their winding sheets.
- He lives a monastic existence, coming into the studio every day and spending hours alone painting his wraiths and winding sheets.
- Meanwhile, like a winding sheet, the still lingering shiver of cold-war politics envelopes Havana in a singular allure, especially vibrant to people who recall the 1960's Missile Crisis, or grew up watching James Bond movies.
More definitions of winding sheetDefinition of winding sheet in:
- The British & World English dictionary