- A light, flexible cylinder or cone mounted on a mast to show the direction and strength of the wind, especially at an airfield.More example sentences
- The windsock at the airfield has had a definite droop all week, and the sea is as flat as a pond, except for intermittent splashes from the seals, as they play amongst the seaweed out in the bay.
- There are lead-in lights from the river approach, landing floodlights, a marker beacon and a lighted windsock.
- Most airports have a segmented circle, usually in the center of the airport, often lighted at night and typically containing a windsock.
More definitions of windsockDefinition of windsock in:
- The British & World English dictionary