Definition of windsurfer in English:
1A person who takes part in windsurfing.
- ‘I was a keen windsurfer, but Sam took to it like a duck to water,’ said his father, Andrew.
- A former pupil at Colden Common Primary School, Kings' School and Peter Symonds' College, Larry was a keen windsurfer, skateboarder, sailor and kitesurfer.
- Apparently driving a jet ski is not really exciting and some people try to get an extra dose of adrenalin by passing windsurfers, kayaks and swimmers as close as possible.
- There's always something to look at: seagulls, pelicans, colorful people in sailboats and on windsurfers, kids playing with dogs, or just the wind in the grass.
- Kayaks, sailboats, and windsurfers are available all day.
- It can fit in the boot of an ordinary car, can be used as a surf board, a rowing dinghy, a windsurfer, a sailing dingy, can be towed behind a power boat or used as a beach boat for children (under supervision, of course) and costs next to nothing.
Words that rhyme with windsurferBonhoeffer
Definition of windsurfer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan