Definition of wineberry in English:
noun (plural wineberries)
1A bristly deciduous shrub native to China and Japan, producing scarlet berries used in cooking.
- Rubus phoenicolasius, family Rosaceae
- East of the School of Forestry is what Peter terms a West Coast garden with rimu, kanuka, mountain beech, coprosma, nikau, wineberry, native fuchsia, pohutukawa, and ferns.
- Other than giant forest trees, you'll find abundant barberry, winged Euonymus, Oriental bittersweet, Japanese wineberry, and shrub and vine honeysuckles.
- Like other brambles in its genus, wineberry forms a clump of arching canes that may reach nine feet in length.
1.1The fruit of the wineberry bush.
- Blueberries and wineberries ripen in July and red raspberries are available beginning in August.
- Look for wineberries in thickets, fields, edges of woods or trails, in moist soil throughout the northeast.
- Picking season begins June 15 with black raspberries first, then blackberries, blueberries and wineberries ripen next.
Definition of wineberry in:
- British & World English dictionary