Definition of wing oyster in English:
An edible marine bivalve mollusk with a fragile flattened shell, the hinge of which bears winglike projections.
- Family Pteridae: Pteria and other genera
- The superstructure is covered in wing oysters.
- The Mabe oyster is a penguin wing oyster that produces blister pearls with better luster, iridescence, and color than other species.
- Fringing the rocks are sea whips with wing oysters clinging to them.
Definition of wing oyster in:
- British & World English dictionary