Definition of winglet in English:
1A little wing.
- On with the meat: a grilled quarter chicken is as big as a clock radio and dirt cheap at $7.50, but the breast is unforgivably dry, the skin burnt and the winglet crusty.
1.1A vertical projection on the tip of an aircraft wing for reducing drag.
- Goldsmith said the company has considered winglets, but he noted that on the Hawker 700 the aileron extends all the way to the wingtip, and a rams-horn extension forward from the aileron makes mounting a winglet a technical challenge.
- The DA20's waspish empennage and T-tail were still there, as was the short chord, long-span, high-aspect ratio wing with upturned winglets.
- Gulfstream said it would achieve the additional 500 nm to 600 nm by increasing the wingspan of the GIV-SP and incorporating the winglets that were then being designed for the GV.
Words that rhyme with wingletkinglet, ringlet, springlet
Definition of winglet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.