noun (plural wingmen)
- 1A pilot whose aircraft is positioned behind and outside the leading aircraft in a formation.More example sentences
- As with most combat fighter wings, five wingmen flew in formation behind the lead fighter, usually the senior officer.
- SKE is a system that uses electronic signals to identify the lead plane and its wingman so that aircraft can fly in formation in adverse weather.
- What would you do if your wingman or an aircraft from outside your flight declared an emergency?
- 2 another term for winger ( sense 1).
More definitions of wingmanDefinition of wingman in:
- The British & World English dictionary