- Accommodations for the winter, especially for soldiers.More example sentences
- After these battles the British and American armies went into winter quarters.
- Besides devoting his own efforts to making preparations for the expedition's departure in the spring, Lewis planned to use the period spent in winter quarters to test the leadership skills of his NCOs.
- The expedition constructed winter quarters, consisting of an enclosed stockade and barracks.
More definitions of winter quartersDefinition of winter quarters in:
- The British & World English dictionary