Definition of winter squash in English:
A squash that has a hard rind and may be stored.
- Cultivars of Cucurbita moschata and C. maxima, family Cucurbitaceae
- To the early settlers, squash was just another mysterious New World food that they ate to survive the hard winters, but today's winter squashes are not such a puzzle.
- Also, summer squashes take up less room then do the winter squash.
- Squash bugs probably get on my winter squash but there is such a tangle of vines and no need to get involved with them on a regular basis that I don't see them.
Definition of winter squash in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan