- Variable precipitation consisting of rain, freezing rain, sleet, or snow: the wintry mix slowed down drivers crossing the Blue Ridge MountainsMore example sentences
- They expect a wintry mix of snow and rain from North Carolina up to New England.
- During our walk there was a wintry mix of precipitation falling, and some very slippery spots on the sidewalk where there was not much traction.
- Also in the northeast, could see a wintry mix of precipitation.
More definitions of wintry mixDefinition of wintry mix in:
- The British & World English dictionary