Definition of wipeout in English:
1An instance of complete destruction: a nuclear wipeout
More example sentences
- And with an entire community having sprouted along the river, there is no doubt that the next flood will be a complete wipeout.
- One consequence was the virtual wipeout of Mexico's small farmers by a flood of subsidized U.S. food imports.
1.1A complete failure.
- Facing a potential cross-country wipeout on Tuesday, Edwards decided that a winning smile and a passionate stump speech were not enough to save his candidacy.
- He faced fatigue, dehydration, French citizens, crashes, and near wipeout during the grueling 2,130-mile race.
- For a fledgling company, attempting to staff a 24-7 live-help operation seems brashly ambitious, if not a sure path to wipeout.
1.3A fall from a surfboard.
- He experienced the best and the worst of Pipeline with a perfect 10, a handful of hideous wipeouts and broken surfboards.
- Combine ceiling high sets with powerful rip currents and Rockaway's notorious, shifty, ledgy peaks, and the stage was set for some serious ripping… and brutal wipeouts.
- Wear a wetsuit that won't blow open in severe wipeouts.
Words that rhyme with wipeouthangout
Definition of wipeout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan