- 1An instance of complete destruction: a nuclear wipeoutMore example sentences
- And with an entire community having sprouted along the river, there is no doubt that the next flood will be a complete wipeout.
- One consequence was the virtual wipeout of Mexico's small farmers by a flood of subsidized U.S. food imports.
- 1.1A complete failure.More example sentences
- Facing a potential cross-country wipeout on Tuesday, Edwards decided that a winning smile and a passionate stump speech were not enough to save his candidacy.
- He faced fatigue, dehydration, French citizens, crashes, and near wipeout during the grueling 2,130-mile race.
- For a fledgling company, attempting to staff a 24-7 live-help operation seems brashly ambitious, if not a sure path to wipeout.
- 1.3A fall from a surfboard.More example sentences
- He experienced the best and the worst of Pipeline with a perfect 10, a handful of hideous wipeouts and broken surfboards.
- Combine ceiling high sets with powerful rip currents and Rockaway's notorious, shifty, ledgy peaks, and the stage was set for some serious ripping… and brutal wipeouts.
- Wear a wetsuit that won't blow open in severe wipeouts.
More definitions of wipeoutDefinition of wipeout in:
- The British & World English dictionary