Definition of wirepuller in English:
nounNorth American informal
A person, especially a politician, who exerts control or influence from behind the scenes.
- These same wirepullers then used the government to push the interstate highway system on the country.
- ‘True enough,’ sighed the wirepuller, recalling his adventures with sock-puppet political appointees.
- Among American Presidents he is the supreme example of the political wirepuller, the leader who gets things done without ever seeming to lead.
- Example sentences
- But the legacy in the locality has been one of unsuccessful wirepulling and failed stage-management.
- These were the days of the most flagrant wirepulling and sinister hatching of plots.… In Nova Scotia the patronage system went hand in hand with nepotism.
Words that rhyme with wirepullertitular • Weissmuller
Definition of wirepuller in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.