- 1chiefly North American A person who speaks and behaves as if they know more than others.More example sentences
- Some wise guy had a tape measure with him and took a reading.
- Well, I have felt he's been a wise guy for some time and it certainly appears he's being that way now with his interlocutors.
- He continued to play numerous characters alternating between lead and supporting roles in various comedy flicks usually seen as a loveable slob, a bumbling schemer or an overbearing wise guy.
- 2US A member of the Mafia.More example sentences
- Could be any inner-city gang member or wise guy.
- In my mind, I pictured him to be a little Italian wise guy, like the mafia hit man that's always the squealer on someone in those old movies.
- While other kids were flipping burgers, he was hiring himself out to local wise guys as muscle or masterminding his own bizarre capers.
More definitions of wise guyDefinition of wise guy in:
- The British & World English dictionary