- past participle of withdraw.
adjectiveBack to top
- Not wanting to communicate with other people: a disorder characterized by withdrawn and fearful behaviorMore example sentences
- The child becomes withdrawn or aggressive, a major swing from what they were previously.
- Neglected children may be very withdrawn or very aggressive, and can develop health problems or have difficulty coping in school.
- Patients described as upbeat and sociable or strong and courageous were more likely to be admitted than patients described as sad and withdrawn or anxious and discouraged.