- Very close to: they came within an ace of deathMore example sentences
- Even though Guthrie admits that Britain came within an ace of calling up its reservists, which would have seen 14,000 part-time soldiers of the Territorial Army in the colours, it was a move too far for Britain's European partners.
- Tony Robinson traces the course of the Peasants' Revolt of 1381, one of the most significant moments in British history, showing how newly empowered peasants came within an ace of toppling the monarchy.
- Scottish amateur bosses and senior Sports Scotland executives came within an ace of appointing Scotland's first ever female amateur boxing supremo.
More definitions of within an ace ofDefinition of within an ace of in:
- The British & World English dictionary