noun (plural wolfberries)
1Any of various shrubs of the genus Lycium, in particular the goji berry.
- The wolfberry bush grows in the northwest part of China and the fruit has been credited with properties of improving visual acuity and general health.
- Shrubby patches of wild plum, wolfberry, and narrow-leaved meadowsweet provide nesting and perching sites for open-country birds such as horned larks, loggerhead shrikes, and upland sandpipers.
- These individuals should take ejiang, jujube, small red bean, the fruit of the wolfberry (gouqi) and angelica (danggui).
1.1The fruit of the wolfberry.
- Its content consists of 50 % of green tea extract, 30 % of spine date and 20 % of Chinese wolfberry.
- We used modern biological extraction technology to obtain extracts of reishi, ginseng, wolfberry, peony, and licorice.
- Also known as wolfberry, the goji berry grows in Tibet, China, and Mongolia and is revered in Traditional Chinese Medicine as an anti-aging herb.
Words that rhyme with wolfberryberiberi, berry, BlackBerry, bury, Ceri, Derry, ferry, Gerry, jerry, Kerry, merry, perry, Pondicherry, sherry, terry, very, wherry
Definition of wolfberry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.