Inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvelous: they all think she’s wonderful the climate was wonderful all the year round
More example sentences
- It is a substantial piece of work and a wonderful, and inspiring, record of bravery.
- If he's on the tube we can just mute the gabble and marvel at his wonderful face instead.
- It was the very early stages of what has become an amazing and wonderful relationship.
marvelous, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful
informal super, great, fantastic, terrific, tremendous, sensational, incredible, fabulous, fab, out of this world, awesome, magic, wicked, far out, killer, brilliant, peachy, dandy, neat, swell
- Example sentences
- All in all, a worthy celebration of the liberty, creativity, chutzpah, dynamite babes, dynamite tunes, and totally awesome wonderfulness which is our true blue home, our own native land, our beloved America.
- If the concert had been at the South Bank or the Barbican I would have had to decline the drink-up, but the wonderfulness of working at the heart of Westminster Village was the ability to nip to the concert as an interval in the works' drinkies.
- Cartwright never really gets to grips with the darker issues that bubble underneath her veneer of child-like wonder at the whole gosh - darned wonderfulness of everything to do with the show.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.