(also won ton)
- (In Chinese cooking) a small dumpling or roll with a savory filling, often of minced pork, usually eaten boiled in soup.More example sentences
- People snack on whatever's around: noodles, wontons or steamed glutinous dumplings wrapped in fragrant leaves.
- Vicky was particularly keen on the dim sum, which consisted of the Chinese dumplings, spinach wonton, Peking ravioli and mini-spring roll, served with a spicy soy dip and sweet chilli sauce.
- Kumara chips, sausages, wontons, spring rolls… they've got them all.
from Chinese (Cantonese dialect) wān t῾ān.
More definitions of wontonDefinition of wonton in:
- The British & World English dictionary