Definition of wood duck in English:
A tree-nesting North American duck, the male of which has brightly colored plumage. Also called Carolina duck.
- Aix sponsa, family Anatidae
- The wood duck was joined by Mallard and American Black Duck, as well as the usual Great Egret, Double-crested Cormorant, Canada Goose, and Mute Swan.
- Specialties here include the magnificent hooded merganser, the rainbow-coloured wood duck, as well as lesser scaup, bufflehead and common goldeneye.
- As we stroll on, we hear ovenbirds, see a towhee in the brush, and, down at Lake Perez, see a wood duck, tree swallows, a pair of spotted sandpipers, an osprey, and quite possibly the fattest robin I've ever seen.
Definition of wood duck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan