Definition of wood mushroom in English:
An edible mushroom with a white cap and brown gills, smelling strongly of aniseed and found in woodland in both Eurasia and North America.
- Agaricus silvicola, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- Close relations of the field mushroom include A. arvensis, the horse mushroom; A. silvaticus, the wood mushroom; and A. augustus, the prince.
- I delight in her new images, particularly the sly one with a wood mushroom and flower.
- But the dish itself - with the hen and the apricot sauce and the wood mushrooms - was, again, heavenly.
Definition of wood mushroom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.