- A large Eurasian and African pigeon with mainly gray plumage, using wing claps in display flight.
More example sentences
- Genus Columba, family Columbidae: several species, in particular the widespread C. palumbus (also called ringdove)
- Until recently, winter nesting in British birds has been very rare beyond a handful of species that include the wood pigeon, feral pigeon, and collared dove.
- In this area you may see the brown creeper, tomtit, robin, bellbird, rifleman, wood pigeon, falcon and kea.
- The bush has abundant bird life, including the bellbird, tomtit, rifleman, wood pigeon and grey warbler.
More definitions of wood pigeonDefinition of wood pigeon in:
- The British & World English dictionary