Definition of wood sorrel in English:
A small woodland plant with cloverlike leaves and five-petaled flowers.
- Genus Oxalis, family Oxalidaceae: several species, including the yellow-flowered creeping yellow wood sorrel (O. stricta) and the purple-flowered violet wood sorrel (O. violacea)
- It gathered flowers from the forest floor as they walked: yellow celandine and primrose, pale anemone, pink-veined wood sorrel, purple hepatica, lilac and plum violets.
- The plant looks like some class of a clover or even a wood sorrel to me.
- Areas cleared of rhododendrons will be recolonised with plants such as bluebells, wood sorrel and honeysuckle.
Definition of wood sorrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan