A small woodland plant with cloverlike leaves and five-petaled flowers.
- Genus Oxalis, family Oxalidaceae: several species, including the yellow-flowered creeping yellow wood sorrel (O. stricta) and the purple-flowered violet wood sorrel (O. violacea)
More example sentences
- It gathered flowers from the forest floor as they walked: yellow celandine and primrose, pale anemone, pink-veined wood sorrel, purple hepatica, lilac and plum violets.
- The plant looks like some class of a clover or even a wood sorrel to me.
- Areas cleared of rhododendrons will be recolonised with plants such as bluebells, wood sorrel and honeysuckle.
Definition of wood sorrel in:
- The British & World English dictionary