Definition of wood thrush in English:
A thrush of eastern North America, with a brown back, rufous head, and dark-spotted white breast, and a loud liquid song.
- Hylocichla mustelina, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- How often I have longed to hear the hermit thrush, wood thrush and veery blend their ethereal voices together again!
- The wood thrush's song consists of several phrases, variations on his basic ee-o-lay theme, in quality like a flute but richer, not airy.
- The wood thrush breeds in the eastern United States and southeastern Canada, and winters from central Mexico to Panama.
Definition of wood thrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan