- 1A migratory European leaf warbler found in woodlands, with plaintive calls and a trilling song.
More example sentences
- Phylloscopus sibilatrix, family Sylviidae
- On arrival here, the male wood warbler quickly advertises his presence; the highly distinctive song may be heard from dawn until dusk for weeks at a time.
- The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.
- We saw a Yellow-breasted Chat, a large wood warbler (the largest, in fact) that looks a lot like an American Robin.
- 1.1Any New World warbler of the subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae.More example sentences
- The wood warblers - members of the tribe Parulini - form a very large group of neotrops.
- They say this warbler is the most sexually dimorphic of all wood warblers&hellip.
More definitions of wood warblerDefinition of wood warbler in:
- The British & World English dictionary