nounchiefly North American
- 1Skill in woodwork.More example sentences
- The prize has been developed by the town's Yarliyil Arts Centre to encourage more people - especially children - to learn the traditional skills of woodcraft.
- A craft course at the school will include art, stained glass, metalcraft, woodcraft and woodturning.
- To the degree that this new minimal-impact ethic made sense, however, it also reflected the erosion of the skills and anti-modern concerns embedded in woodcraft.
- 2Knowledge of the woods, especially with reference to camping and other outdoor pursuits.More example sentences
- Gyric heard and remembered everything; his knowledge of woodcraft was very great.
- No longer did a working knowledge of nature anchor the wilderness recreation experience-the new literature aimed to replace woodcraft, which it dismissed as ‘old-style’ camping.
- Although the War Department believed hunting could help increase knowledge of geography and improve woodcraft and marksmanship, its principal benefits to the enlisted men were more prosaic.
More definitions of woodcraftDefinition of woodcraft in:
- The British & World English dictionary