- An evergreen fern with leathery dark-green fronds.
More example sentences
- Genus Dryopteris, family Polypodiaceae, numerous species, including the common evergreen (or marginal) woodfern (D. marginalis)
- Aquarius Research Natural Area is particularly rich in ferns, including Western polypody, spreading woodfern, oak fern, male fern, bracken fern, and sword fern.
- In it grow such ferns as adder's tongue fern, bog fern, Christmas fern, crested fern, Goldie's fern, maidenhair fern, New York fern, ostrich fern, and spinulose woodfern.
- The golden chalices of Celandine Poppies mingle with Virginia Bluebells and intertwine with woodferns.