Definition of woodsia in English:
A small tufted fern that grows among rocks in mountains in temperate and cool regions.
- Genus Woodsia, family Woodsiaceae
- In dry weather, rusty woodsia fronds dry out and curl up, but they can turn green again after a rain.
- Northern woodsia occurs on rock cliffs, crevices, talus, and rocky, boreal woods in sun to partial shade.
- I have some rusty woodsias and I swear they look just like another fern.
Modern Latin, named after Joseph Woods (1776–1864), English architect and botanist.
Definition of woodsia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.