Definition of woodsia in English:
A small tufted fern that grows among rocks in mountains in temperate and cool regions.
- Genus Woodsia, family Woodsiaceae
- In dry weather, rusty woodsia fronds dry out and curl up, but they can turn green again after a rain.
- Northern woodsia occurs on rock cliffs, crevices, talus, and rocky, boreal woods in sun to partial shade.
- I have some rusty woodsias and I swear they look just like another fern.
modern Latin, named after Joseph Woods (1776–1864), English architect and botanist.
Definition of woodsia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan