- A mathematics exercise presented in the form of a hypothetical situation that requires an equation to be solved; for example, “if George earns a salary of $18,500 and 28% of it is deducted in taxes, how much take-home pay remains?”.More example sentences
- Some groups of students respond differently to a word problem's context.
- This is a word problem whose solution includes solving a system of two linear equations.
- That same day, I raised my hand when my trigonometry teacher asked the class for a volunteer to go up to the board and explain a word problem that most of the class had difficulty understanding.
More definitions of word problemDefinition of word problem in:
- The British & World English dictionary