nounchiefly North American
- Leave of absence from prison by day enabling a prisoner to continue in normal employment.More example sentences
- Regrettably, people breach parole, community service orders, work release programs, every day, just because they do not necessarily want to adhere to the discipline of the regime.
- By that time he had been released on work release.
- He did not get parole, he did not get work release, he did not get home leave, he did not get so many other rights that he would have had.
More definitions of work releaseDefinition of work release in:
- The British & World English dictionary