- Proceed gradually toward (something more advanced or intense): the course starts with landing technique, working up to jumps from an enclosed platformMore example sentences
- Medical experts who have experience with MSM suggest starting with 1,000 mg a day, in either capsule or crystal form, and gradually working up to 4,000 mg daily.
- Do crunches 3 days a week, beginning with 2 sets of 10 reps each and gradually working up to 3 sets of 15 reps.
- Do as many wall push-ups as you can, gradually working up to 10 repetitions.
More definitions of work up toDefinition of work up to in:
- The British & World English dictionary