- 1Of or relating to work or one’s job: the workaday world of timecards and performance reviewsMore example sentences
- The question is whether we can find secreted in the language of a particular text the bustling, workaday life of the common people.
- Peering into their world was a welcome counterpoint to the workaday routine of her own life.
- The farmer performs workaday human movement: plain, uneventful, and unaccountably touching.
- 1.1Not special, unusual, or interesting in any way; ordinary: your humble workaday PCMore example sentences
- Though in the ordinary, workaday world, you find yourself with not a friend about you, step into the other world, and a universe of friends, this great, glorious brotherhood, will be there for you.
- The routine, workaday books that keep rolling off printing machines and that one lives and works with today share very little of that quality, or that sensibility.
- But they are vastly outnumbered by packs of a more workaday character.