A person who compulsively works hard and long hours.
- Until he met Francesca he was a workaholic who enjoyed playing hard.
- He's a workaholic, and hard work is one of the key things in management.
- A compulsive workaholic and an absentee publisher, he has tried a number of different tactics to revive the papers.
- Example sentences
- I think I was spiralling into obsessive workaholism which is not healthy.
- Perhaps I should not admit such things now that one of my bosses reads these tales, but I've decided that birding keeps me from workaholism.
- But what is clear is that workaholism is just wrong.
Words that rhyme with workaholicalcoholic, anabolic, apostolic, bucolic, carbolic, chocoholic, colic, diabolic, embolic, frolic, hydraulic, hyperbolic, melancholic, metabolic, parabolic, rollick, shambolic, shopaholic, symbolic, vitriolic
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of workaholic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.