Definition of workaholic in English:
A person who compulsively works hard and long hours.
- Until he met Francesca he was a workaholic who enjoyed playing hard.
- He's a workaholic, and hard work is one of the key things in management.
- A compulsive workaholic and an absentee publisher, he has tried a number of different tactics to revive the papers.
- Example sentences
- I think I was spiralling into obsessive workaholism which is not healthy.
- Perhaps I should not admit such things now that one of my bosses reads these tales, but I've decided that birding keeps me from workaholism.
- But what is clear is that workaholism is just wrong.
Pronunciation: /ˈwərkəˌhôlizəm/ /-ˌhäl-/noun
Words that rhyme with workaholicalcoholic, anabolic, apostolic, bucolic, carbolic, chocoholic, colic, diabolic, embolic, frolic, hydraulic, hyperbolic, melancholic, metabolic, parabolic, rollick, shambolic, shopaholic, symbolic, vitriolic
Definition of workaholic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.