- A person who compulsively works hard and long hours.More example sentences
- Until he met Francesca he was a workaholic who enjoyed playing hard.
- He's a workaholic, and hard work is one of the key things in management.
- A compulsive workaholic and an absentee publisher, he has tried a number of different tactics to revive the papers.
- More example sentences
- I think I was spiralling into obsessive workaholism which is not healthy.
- Perhaps I should not admit such things now that one of my bosses reads these tales, but I've decided that birding keeps me from workaholism.
- But what is clear is that workaholism is just wrong.
Pronunciation: /ˈwərkəˌhôlizəm, -ˌhäl-/noun
More definitions of workaholicDefinition of workaholic in:
- The British & World English dictionary