Definition of workaholic in English:
A person who compulsively works hard and long hours.
- Until he met Francesca he was a workaholic who enjoyed playing hard.
- He's a workaholic, and hard work is one of the key things in management.
- A compulsive workaholic and an absentee publisher, he has tried a number of different tactics to revive the papers.
- Example sentences
- I think I was spiralling into obsessive workaholism which is not healthy.
- Perhaps I should not admit such things now that one of my bosses reads these tales, but I've decided that birding keeps me from workaholism.
- But what is clear is that workaholism is just wrong.
Pronunciation: /ˈwərkəˌhôlizəm, -ˌhäl-/noun
Definition of workaholic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan