(also world fair)
- An international exhibition of the industrial, scientific, technological, and artistic achievements of the participating nations.More example sentences
- They attended world's fairs and other international expositions, including the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago and the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris.
- In the early years of the twentieth century the OIA included several of her paintings in exhibitions designed to build support for their programs, especially at world's fairs and international expositions.
- Under the presidency of Prince Albert, a Royal Commission was created in 1850 to run the first world's fair - the Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations.
More definitions of world's fairDefinition of world's fair in:
- The British & World English dictionary