- The immanent cause or principle of life, order, consciousness, and self-awareness in the physical world.More example sentences
- As to the world soul, or merely to the intrinsic value of all things, various religions and philosophers have been postulating the idea since way, way back in the mists of history.
- Is there only one being in apparently separate parts; a world soul penetrating all things which we're simply too limited in mentality to recognize?
- This world-soul makes the cosmos a living rational being, a god.
mid 19th century: translating German Weltgeist.
More definitions of world soulDefinition of world soul in:
- The British & World English dictionary