- A mechanical arrangement consisting of a toothed wheel worked by a short revolving cylinder (worm) bearing a screw thread.More example sentences
- An electric motor drives the other input shaft via a worm gear that wraps around the planetary gearset.
- In the click reel, the wooden screw acts as a continuous wedge turning the worm gear.
- We don't have to use hydraulic motors or worm gear reduction drives.
More definitions of worm gearDefinition of worm gear in:
- The British & World English dictionary