Causing anxiety about actual or potential problems; alarming: a worrying health risk
More example sentences
- The recent decision of Blackburn with Darwen Council to remove a number of pool lifeguard posts from Shadsworth Leisure Centre is a worrying development.
- He said: "The whole thing is worrying."
- Sligo's drugs gangs having more guns is a worrying development.
- [as submodifier]: trade deficits are worryingly largeMore example sentences
- They are fighting worryingly close to an awful lot of unguarded weapons.
- But worryingly empty hospitals suggested that thousands more still lay buried below the rubble in New York.
- And it is one worryingly compounded by weak company investment rates.