Definition of worrying in English:
Causing anxiety about actual or potential problems; alarming: a worrying health risk
More example sentences
- The recent decision of Blackburn with Darwen Council to remove a number of pool lifeguard posts from Shadsworth Leisure Centre is a worrying development.
- He said: "The whole thing is worrying."
- Sligo's drugs gangs having more guns is a worrying development.
- [as submodifier]: trade deficits are worryingly largeMore example sentences
- They are fighting worryingly close to an awful lot of unguarded weapons.
- But worryingly empty hospitals suggested that thousands more still lay buried below the rubble in New York.
- And it is one worryingly compounded by weak company investment rates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan