Definition of wrangler in English:
1North American A person in charge of horses or other livestock on a ranch.
- He and a dozen other Alisal Guest Ranch wranglers have only a couple of hours to catch and saddle 63 horses for guests going on this morning's breakfast ride.
- With two wranglers and six horses all we needed now were reservations!
- A ‘lunger,’ his tuberculosis kept him from active fighting in the Civil War but he served as a horse wrangler.
1.1A person who trains and takes care of the animals used in a movie.
- Behind all those cute animals performing amazing acts in films there are animal wranglers like Mark Dumas, who trains bears, and Jim Chubb and his big cats.
- A former pro rodeo cowboy, these days he works primarily as an animal coordinator for films, supervising other wranglers and setting up stunts, shots etc.
- A judge has ruled against a film company that sought damages from an animal wrangler after her mule failed to cooperate while filming.
2A person engaging in a lengthy and complicated quarrel or dispute.
- The wrangler has no hypothesis to establish or no concern for truth but the only aim is to create doubt regarding well established facts.
- He is not a wrangler, nor quarrelsome, and keeps himself out of all kinds of mischief, which other boys run into.
- Without such exercise, and good sense over and above, a man who has studied logic all his life may, after all, be only a petulant wrangler, without true judgment or skill of reasoning in any science.
Definition of wrangler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan