Definition of wrasse in English:
noun (plural same or wrasses)
A marine fish with thick lips and strong teeth, typically brightly colored with marked differences between the male and female.
- Family Labridae: numerous genera and species
- The presence of the model predator at the mating site resulted in a strong initial reaction by both male and female bluehead wrasses.
- Many male damselfish, wrasses, and angelfish, among others, maintain harems.
- In marine areas, species concentrations are highest around coral reefs, where butterflyfishes and angelfishes, wrasses, parrotfishes and triggerfishes are common.
Words that rhyme with wrassealas, Alsace, amass, Bass, chasse, crass, crevasse, en masse, gas, Hamas, lass, mass, morass, sass, tarantass, tass
Definition of wrasse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.